Hello World, Welcome to this website. This is the second tutorial of the series “learn Django from scratch with example“. I have divided this tutorial into the following parts.
What is the difference between project and application in Django?
- A project refers to the entire application with its all parts. An application is a single module of the project.
- Let’s understand this with example. Suppose we want to create a blogging website with Django. In the blogging website, There are multiple modules like the post, comment, user, etc. Blogging website is our full project.
How to create a project?
- For creating a project with Django, open command line
- Enter the following command
- django-admin startproject blog
- The above command will create the project folder with the required files.
How to create an application?
- For creating an application with Django in the project, go to the project folder
- Run the following command to create application in project
- py manage.py startapp post
- The above command will create a post folder with require files in your project folder (blog).
- Run project in the browser
So far we have learned to create projects and applications with Django. Now we will run our project with the following command.
- py manage.py runserver
- The above command will run the server
- Open the given path in your browser. In my case, it was http://127.0.0.1:8000
Please add your feedback in the comment section. 🙂 🙂